samedi 14 avril 2007

Le jour ou je devrais partir approche..

14 th April 2007 -
.. The day where I had to go was coming..

Life in Madagascar is fun. Last night I went with the group of system engineers to a grill/barbecue night. We were celebrating my last day in Madagascar with the guys.

We had lots of fun in office with small jokes to big jokes. Here when you order water/beer they classify as either (GM) or (PM) meaning "petit modele" and "grande modele " i.e. small model and big model. . though in english it sounds like someone with small and bog boobs.

Imagine yourself saying I want a GM for lunch.

Alternatives came in like "Prime Minister", "Project manager" , but the best remains "petite merde" and "grande merde" (Small shit and big shit)

We always cracked jokes and I was beginning to miss that on my last day. But the deal is that I always invite the team since the singapore dollar is much stronger than Ariary(Mad currency) here.

We had a quick dinner as the place where H. brought us was full of guys who drink a lot. He cling to his best friend.. the 40% alcohol drink. Apparently you can also order a 70% alcohol drink ..
B. was not feeling comfortable as her 8-year daughter was with her but we partied a bit.

The best part is after drinking only 1 bottle of beer when i stood up, the chair (heavy wooden chair) fell down... with a super loud Thump.. or "BOOM" every madagascar guy there looked at me and started laughing. I was the worst of them all. I was laughing too. It's very uncommon to find a chinese there

It's a restaurant with local standards. You know,.. no plates or spoon or forks but use hand. And tissue paper if the chicken is too hot to hold and same piece of paper to wipe the mouth.

After that they brought me up the hill .. to see the full view of antananarivo. It's a nice and chilly place with the castle of the queen of long ag and a night view of hills etc.

We had fun. It's more fun than at my hotel where the only people outside at night is a dozen of travestites. (I have absolutely nothing against them but nor do I have anyhting to deal with them)

Today I went office in the late morning.. then discovered no water.. thank god I bought my own water. I had to use it to wash my hand after I did my toilet break.. no tissue paper also. So no choice but to wait till I come back to clean my butt. No water to wash cups.

Now the good news, I just cancelled my trip back. So I'm staying here for one entire week...
This time I'm going to bring toilet paper to the office. . steal from hotel. Ahh.. tomorrow I've booked a friend of mine now.. a taxi driver for a full day around the city. Come back then work a little bit.

Got to convince the receptionist to open the gym door.. not open tomorrow morning.. I shall continue my pizza.. since I'm connected via Wifi here.

Aucun commentaire: