dimanche 15 avril 2007

I'm outta love

15 April 2007

I'm outta love... at least that's what singer Anastasia is saying on the TV.
I'm not outta love. I have lots of love to give and receive. After all I'm only at 34.543% of my life... still have 200% - 34.543% to live.

The sun rises at 6:15 a.m. in the morning.. I love that. Can wake up early.. and watch the sky change to light blue. The more I think of it the more I miss home. Mauritius. J.K. finally knows how to spell the country.. after a mastermind game with only the first 2 letters correct.

I travelled by cab to the queen and king palace on the hill 19 km from the main city. It's a place where the cows have more space than the king and queen themselves. I'm not like those tourists who will take picture of everything, everywhere anyhow. The king had 12 official wifes and many unofficial ones. The view was amazing. Just like when I used to be on signal mountain top during school times in Mauritius.

Then we went to see the university. It's sweet .. a buildings or rather a few buildings amongst the rice plantations. We ate the fish samossa's that I bought in the morning. Shoprite is just next to the hotel and travestites. On the other side from the university view was small children and parents busy and happy breaking the mountain rocks into small pieces. They were surprised when I looked at them from the top. Children who do not go to school .. who will carry on the tradition of their parents. They are about 8 years old and happy to pull the wheelbarrow. They are smiling and live in their own small little world.

I also saw the french international school and took a break, walked on the hilly roads, sat on the grass to admire the view. It was a great ride. I decided to cut short the trip as M. my driver has a 2 months old baby to take care and I preferred he goes home on a Sunday evening.

I did not take a single picture. We covered the north and south portion of the city today.

2 commentaires:

jk a dit…

Hahah, yes mauritius :)

Would love to see some photos!

Hope you are back in SG.

jk a dit…

Oh man, i love google, buying over blogspot, one less thing to register :)

But getting a little bit more uncomfortable with so much intergration and google buying so much.